What’s included in the experience?
- A 90-minute Premium Soy Candlemaking Workshop hosted by Founder Lucy Heale at The London Refinery
- Usually worth £50pp
- Create your very own aromatherapy, eco soy-wax candle and take it home at the end of the class
- Learn the basics of natural fragrance making and how to blend pure essential oils, natural fragrance and eco soy wax to create the perfect aroma and candle unique to you
- All natural ingredients are free from petrochemicals, parabens, synthetic fragrances and paraffin
- This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
- You’ve got a full 12 months to redeem your experience
- Available various Saturdays and Sundays, either 11am or 2pm (see dates below)
- A candle making experience for 2-6 people
- You’ll be put in touch with the The London Refinery team to book in your experience
- You’re entitled to a no questions asked refund within 14 days of winning
Full Experience Details
Forget burning the candle at both ends…sit back, relax and burn your own hand-made, natural, eco soy-wax candle instead at The London Refinery’s 1.5 hour premium workshop.
Good for the mind, body and soul, and hosted by founder Lucy Heale, this high-end, therapeutic workshop will begin with learning how your sense of smell works and how fragrance affects your mood and emotions. You’ll then discover the different fragrance families and what top, heart and base notes are. You’ll then get the chance to smell and test a selection of fragrances for yourself, before fusing your favourite essential oils and scents together to create the perfect aroma for you.
Once you have your scent, it’s your turn to make your very own candle, with step-by-step help on hand throughout the process. Using the blending equipment, mixing jug, whisk and glassware provided, you’ll be heating the wax, positioning the wick, blending the oils, and finally pouring the hot wax into your own 180ml candle.
With the likes of Good Homes Magazines classing The London Refinery in their ‘Best of British 2019’, Lucy’s workshops are revitalising and inspiring. When the class comes to an end, you’ll take your candle home with you and relax to the sweet scents and aromas that it will emit once lit.
Ps. With the studio using only the finest high-grade ingredients, everything is natural, fresh, and free from horrible stuff like petrochemicals, parabens, synthetic fragrances or paraffin.
When can I redeem?
This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
You’ve got a full 12 months to redeem your experience
You’ll be put in touch with the The London Refinery team to book in your experience
2 days booking notice required, booking subject to workshop availability
Auction terms & conditions
- This auction is subject to the normal terms and conditions governing AVA’s members
- Once redeemed you will be subject to The London Refinery’s normal Terms and Conditions