What’s included in the experience?
- Discover Walthamstow’s quirky, hidden cocktail bar and indulge in their entire small plates menu
- Usually worth £31pp
- Enjoy sharing 7 authentic, Mediterranean small plates
- Try one of their twisted cocktails from their inventive menu
- Experience a unique evening in London’s iconic Pie ‘N’ Mash shop turned bar!
- This experience is exclusive to AVA members
- This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
- You’ve got a full 6 months to redeem your experience
- Redeemable on Fridays and Saturdays 7pm-12am
- An experience for 2-8 people
- You’ll be put in touch directly with The Jellied Eel team to book in a convenient time
- You’re entitled to a no questions asked refund within 14 days of winning
Full Experience Details
Since 1929, L. Manze has been an infamous pie, mash and jellied eel shop. Yet what started as a pop-up bar here in the evenings, has now turned into Walthamstow’s new weekend hangout.
You’ll discover this quirky, hidden cocktail bar and indulge in their entire Mediterranean small plates menu alongside a twisted cocktail!
Take your pick from one of their inventive cocktails like a Blood Orange Margarita or their Negroni infused with rhubarb bitters.
Their small plates are bursting with flavour, combining British favourites with methods and recipes handed down through Spanish generations. You’ll be treated to the likes of the finest fried squid with green aioli, portobello mushrooms with oregano pesto and their crispy, sweet potato fries with crumbly feta.
The Art deco interior hasn’t changed since the shop opened in 1929 and, after hours, as the lights dim, this is the perfect place to set up for the evening. They’ve even reopened the old goods yard to create a beautiful cocktail garden.
Check out our AVA review of The Jellied Eel below!
When can I redeem?
This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
You can redeem on Fridays and Saturdays during the following times (subject to availability)
–> Fridays and Saturdays 7pm-12am
Bookings must be made at least 24hrs in advance
Auction terms & conditions
- This auction is subject to the normal terms and conditions governing AVA’s members
- Once redeemed you will be subject to The Jellied Eel’s normal Terms and Conditions
- Service is not included and a discretionary service charge may be added on the day