What’s included in the experience?
- Enjoy this premium tea tasting masterclass and experience wild and incredibly rare, ancient teas
- Usually worth £35pp
- Sample 6 premium, authentic teas from the mountains of the Guizhou Province in Southwest China
- Enjoy a selection of nuts, fruits and sweet treats that complement the complex layers of flavour of their tea
- Discover all there is to know about the history of tea, ancient tea rituals and the secrets for the perfect brew
- Learn all about the ancient methods and how to get the best out of tea’s various health benefits
- This is a vegan-friendly experience
- This is an AVA exclusive experience
- This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
- This unique experience is to be redeemed on specific dates in 2020 (see below for more details)
- An experience to be enjoyed for 1-6 people
- Classes can last up to 90 minutes
- Grass People Tree can accommodate for specific dietary requirements – please email before
- You’ll be put in touch directly with Grass People Tree to book your experience
- You’re entitled to a no questions asked refund within 14 days of winning
Full Experience Details
Let Grass People Tree take you on a TEA-rrific journey with this relaxing and restorative tea tasting experience.
Enjoy a selection of 6 premium tea tastings with the founder of Grass People Tree, Rui Lui, who spent her childhood in the mountains of the Guizhou Province in Southwest China. Each spring, Rui returns to the mountains to pick the leaves of the wild and ancient trees to share with the rest of the world. With no chemicals or pesticides involved, you’ll get to explore these rare, indigenous teas that grow on trees freely in the primeval forest.
Rui Lui will offer her advice and knowledge on all things tea as well as tips and tricks for how to multi-brew and create the perfect a brew. You’ll get to discover the history of tea and the ancient tea rituals and methods in this authentic class and learn about the health benefits that tea has to offer.
Sampling a variety of white, green, red and special teas that contain 2.5 times higher nutritional contents in anti-oxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals than conventional loose leaf tea.
Enjoy and experience these great flavours alongside an array of nuts, fruits and sweet treats to compliment the complex layers of the teas.
This delightful and authentic workshop will take you on a journey back to the mountains in China as you experience the green tea that never bitters, the 1500 years old indigenous black tea, the vintage Pu’er aged using ancient methods. Join Rui on this journey and you’ll never think of tea in the same way.
When can I redeem?
This experience has not yet confirmed a re-opening date. Please check back for updates.
You will be put in touch directly with Grass People Tree to book in your experience
48hrs booking required
Auction terms & conditions
- This auction is subject to the normal terms and conditions governing AVA’s members
- Once redeemed you will be subject to Grass People Tree’s normal Terms and Conditions